Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My third interview

Preparation for interview

[A] The preparation before interview

The preparation for this interview is similar as the second interview, because I think the preparation for the second one was good. Before the interview, I write two copy of the questions and also prepared some food for the interview. One copy was for the interviewee and another one was for me. For the same thing, I went to find Devin and asked him to give me some suggestion for the interview. I discussed with my roommate to cook which thing for the dinner.

[B] How did I find the interviewee

I asked Jang and HyoSung to help me to ask their friends who could be my interviewee. Lim Soo Yoen receive my interview to be my interviewee. I also asked Jang and HyoSung something about Lim Soo Yoen, because I think it will help me to do the interview better. For the same, we decide the time to be afternoon at Saturday. Jang will drive HyoSung and Lim to my apartment to do the interview and have the dinner together.

[C] How did we do during the interview

Before we started, we talked about the school life for a little time. Then we started, I give Lim(Linda) the copy of the questions. I use my iphone to record the interview and write the key words. In the evening, we had dinner together.



Description of interview

In my opinion, the third interview is at least as well as the first one and the second one. Linda is really a very cute and kind girl. She is also very good at speaking, Jang and HyoSung also gave me some help on the interview. During the interview we are both very happy and relax. We talked about lots of things, something were really funny. During the interview, I keep the good part in the first two interviews that I did and I also improve some parts that I did not do very well. When I cannot understand what she said, I can find the way to deal with it. I learn more things about South Korean and I mad friend with Linda. We had the dinner together and have a fun day.



Interview Report

Interviewer: Hua Yunfei(Ni)
Interviewee: Lim Soo Yeon(Linda)
Interview Date: Apr.2nd.2011
Interview place: My apartment

Ni: Hi, Linda. I'm Ni, can you introduce yourself a little then we started the interview.
Linda: My name is Lim Soo Yeon. My English name is Linda. I came from Seoul, South Korea. I like singing, my favorite color is pink.

Ni: Now, let us start the interview. How do you think about the difference between Korean and US?
Linda: The culture. For example. In US, if you saw a boy is handsome , you can tell him ' you are handsome. In Korean, if you say the same thing, it might be some kind of rude. The boy may think you love him. The food is very different between Korean and US. The US food has lots of cheese, it will easy make girls fat.

Ni: Hah, Candy told me the same thing about the food. So I heard you like the spicy food.
Linda: It must be told by Jang. Yeah, I like spicy food very much. I think there are also some place in China like the spicy food.

Ni: You are right. My roommate like spicy food, too. He cook some spicy food for the dinner.
Linda: Really? It's so cool. I may can help him to cook.

Ni: You know how to cook?
Linda: Yeah. I cook every day. I like cooking.

Ni: Hah, there is few girl like your age know how to cook.
Linda: I'm 22-year-old! I'm not a child.

Ni: 22? It's truth? You looks like 18-year-old.
Linda: Yeah. I'm 22-year-old. I'm very happy, I'm so young in your thinking. I like my friends tell me 'Linda you are looks under 20'.

Ni: That's nice. After interview, we may cook together. It must be fun.
Linda: Sure. I'm glad I can cook with your roommate. Candy told me your roommates is good at cooking.
John: Thanks! I heard that!


Ni: You said you like singing. I like singing, too. Whose song you like singing?
Linda: Girls Generation. Do you know them?

Ni: Of course. I'm their fan. I like the song ' Gee'.
Linda: hmm, I may sing the song to you after interview.

Ni: Hah. It sounds nice. Thank you, Linda. HyoSung said she like Super Junior, do you like them?
Linda: Yeah. I buy all their CDs.

Ni: Last interview, I got the point that Candy is crazy in handsome boy, how about you?
Linda: I think most girl are crazy in handsome boy. I need ask you a question, do you like beautiful girls?

Ni: Compare to beautiful girls. I like the cute girls much more.
Linda: Like me?

Ni: Hmm. You are really very cute.
Linda: Thank you, Ni. But do not love me, remember you have girl friend. Just a joker.

Ni: I think you are not only a cute girl but also a humored girl. Can you make the joker like this in Korea?
Linda: For our age people, it's OK. But you cannot make joker like this for elder.

Ni: I get that. It's same like China. The Korean TV program is really very popular in Asian countries. How do you think about this?
Linda: I like it. When I'm free, I usually watch the TV program.

Ni: Which kind of the TV program you like?
Linda: I like the romantic TV program. Sometimes I will cry when I watch the impressive parts.

Ni: My girl friend like the romantic TV program, too.
Linda: You may introduce your girl friend to me, I think we can be good friends.

Ni: OK, I will. Do you know the E-sports? I'm really crazy in that.
Linda: Some of my friends play the games. They often tell me something about it. But I do not often focus on it.

Ni: I see. Some girl do not like the games. I think South Korea is a good country. Why you choose here and who support you?
Linda: Because I want to get more experience. I think study abroad can give me lots of experience. US' university education should be the best in the world. For support, my father support me to study here.

Ni: When you came here. What is the hardest thing for you to adapt?
Linda: The relationship. I feel here is different from my hometown on the relationship. At first, I feel it's really hard to make friends with others.

Ni: What do you usually do after class in US and also in Korea?
Linda: I like go to mall for shopping here. In Korea, I usually go to club or watch movies with my friends.

Ni: Most girl like shopping, Hah. How long have you learnt English and How do you think about English?
Linda: I started to learn English when I was 7-year-old. I think writing is hard for me.

Ni: The same for me. What is your major and which job do you want to do after graduate?
Linda: My major is finance. I will go to find a job in bank after graduate.

Ni: I study finance, too. How do you think about Chinese?
Linda: I like China, most Chinese are kind. I have plan to visit China in several years.

Ni: That's cool. Let me know before you visit China. I also have a plan to visit Korea, can you give me any suggestion about it?
Linda: Sure. You must go to visit Seoul, because it's my hometown, I can be your tourist guild.

Ni: I will thank you first. I'm very glad that you and HyoSung that two beautiful girls can invite me to Seoul. At the end of the interview, do you have something want to tell to Jang.
Linda: Thank you, Jang. I like this interview. But next time do not say I sing bad.

Ni: That's all my interview. Thank you, Linda. Let's start the dinner.
Linda: Let me sing ' Gee' first!
Ni: Sorry. I forgot that, please show me the song. It must very nice.



Country Report




South Korea's real name is Republic of Korea. Statehood Day is August 15th,1948. Country code is R.O.K.. The population of South Korea is about 50 million. Their official language is Korean. South Korea is located south of the Korean peninsula. The Korean Peninsula is located in the northeast Asian continent. South Korea's total area is 99,600 square kilometers. South Korea's weather is temperate monsoon climate. Winter is very cold, Summer is hot and Spring and Fall is really short-time. Seoul is the capital of South Korea and the population is about 10.5 million. The GDP of South Korea in 2009 is 800 billion dollars, in 15th place in the world.


Seoul

The Korean TV drama program and their E-sports professional league is very famous in the world. South Korea's entertainment industry is also very well. There are lots of big company in South Korea as Samsung, Hyundai-motor, LG, Kia. Korean people like the spicy food. Korean's cosmetic industry is the best in the world. Super Junior and Grils Generation may the most popular combination in South Korea.



Girls Generation

Slayers.Boxer is the greatest play in SC1 in Korea, even in the world. He was in SKT1 when he played starcraft, he won 2 OSL champion, 2 WCG champion and lots of other rewards. He changed to play Starcraft 2 in 2010 and he hold his own team Slayers, he won the 4th place in GSL open-season 2. oGs.MC is a very good Starcraft 2 player, he won the GSL open-season 3 champion and now he is in GSL season March Round 16. MC is the best protoss player in the world now. OGN and MBC is two biggest E-sports TV station in Korea. They hold the famous professional tournaments OSL(OGN Star League) and MSL(MBC Star League). If you win 3 OSL champion you can get the golden mouse, July,NaDa, iloveoov, Flash, Jeadong and some others get it. If you win 3 MSL champion you can get the golden badge, Flash,Bisu and some others get it. Now the biggest Starcraft 2 tournaments in Korea is GSL(GomTV Star League), the first 3 open-season's champion in 2010 are Tsl.FruitDuler, IM.Nestea, oGs.MC, the G-Star 2010's champion is Kyrix.Zenith, the first season 2011's champion is IM.MVP, the March season 2011's champion is oGs.MC.



Slayers.Boxer VS oGs.NaDa


GSL LOGO


oGs.MC


STX.TossGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment